Driving is something most everyone does and it is important that we don’t take the task of driving lightly. Practicing safe driving can prevent you from being involved in an accident. Below are a few key points to remember while you are driving on the Florida roads and highways.
Think about Safety & Practice it
- The driver and all passengers need to wear seatbelts. It’s the law and having a seat belt on could save your life if you are involved in an accident.
- Children should ride in a safety approved car seats. Ensure they are properly installed per the manufacturer instructions.
- Ensure your vehicle is safe to drive on the roadways. Check tires and lights regularly.
- Adjust seats and mirrors before you put your vehicle in drive. Also remember to adjust climate controls and enter trip destinations into GPS devices before moving.
Focus on Driving
- Avoid items that can remove your attention from the task at hand driving. Don’t use cell phones or other electronic devices while driving.
- Keep your hands on the wheel. Don’t allow items in your vehicle distract your attention from driving. Distracted Driving Kills!
- Drive defensively. Pay attention to other drivers around you.
- Stay 100% focused while driving, even at stoplights and in parking lots.
Make Time for Driving Safe
- Don’t eat while driving. Pull over and stop to eat and drink.
- Avoid following cars too closely. Stay 2-4 seconds behind the car in front of you in heavy traffic to avoid rear-end collisions.
- Don’t drive while over tired. Drowsy driving is a leading cause of auto accidents in the state of Florida.
Watch your Speed
- Watch your speed while driving. Pay attention to changes in the speed limit as you move to and from freeways and side roads.
- Observe construction speed zones. Road work occurs and you need to follow temporary speed limits in construction zones.
- Watch your speed when driving near school zones and always stop when a school bus is stopped and displaying its safety lights and signage.
There are many chances that one can be involved in an auto accident and always following the rules doesn’t make you immune to being involved in a crash. Traffic accidents occur frequently every single day on Florida’s roadways. Practicing safe driving habits can help you avoid the chances of being involved in a crash.
Hire An Experienced Orlando Car Accident Attorney
In the event you are involved in an auto accident it is very important that you contact an experienced Florida car accident attorney to protect you and your rights. At The Jaspon Firm, we provide no obligation car accident consultations and can start helping right away. Jeremiah Jaspon has a proven track record of successfully representing Florida auto accident victims. Don’t wait, call right away if you need legal help because of an auto accident.
To speak with an Experienced Orlando Car Accident Attorney today contact The Jaspon Firm at (888)WE.STAND or (407) 513-9515 or use our online contact form and we will contact you quickly. We serve the entire Orlando , FL metropolitan area. We stand up for what’s right!
The Jaspon Firm 738 W Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32804